On 18 December 2017, we organized our third Facebook Advertising Workshop at Uptown coworking space. The goal of the workshop was to provide tips on performing better audience targeting and guidelines creating effective ad banners and ad copies.
Here are our 5 tips for better Facebook targeting.
- Setup the most precise geographical location you can. For instance, if you are targeting New York, is your audience rather in Manhattan, Brooklyn, or in New York State?
- Make sure your selected language is aligned with your ad copies, and with your website landing page language.
- Layer on several audience interests, for instance: online shoppers + yoga + Lululemon.
- Do not take the Facebook top right gauge for granted: a very precise audience can make sense if you are able to precisely determine who are your customers (rock climbing equipment), and a broad one can make sense if you have a massive budget (you are Nike.)
- We are recommending to aim for an ad exposure frequency of 3 to 5 for awareness targeting, and 5 to 10 for retargeting. Adjust your audience targeting & budget accordingly so you can expose the users multiple times.
You can find the Chinese version of this article here: FACEBOOK 目標定位- 5個重要提示
Read our Facebook success stories to see how we are helping our clients excel in their Facebook advertising campaigns.